If you don’t already know, we here at The Blairs are all about promoting and protecting our environment. Our Silver Spring Apartments are your first choice for green living in the DC Metro area, from our LEED certification to our unique Ecopod apartments filled with eco-friendly living features.
Did you know we recycle 63% of all our trash – this helps reduce impact on landfills. But how can you help? Here are our top 5 things to remember when recycling:
- Be Informed- Know what you can and cannot recycle – every city has their own list of what to recycle and dispose of Visit Montgomery Count’s Division of Solid Waste Services for full details.
- Make It Convenient – Be sure to keep your recycling bin within reach, right near your trash. This gives you the easy access to think twice when throwing items away. Our ecopods already come equipped with a handy recycling sorter!
- Reuse It – Buy reusable products such reusable or electric razors, reusable dishes, mugs and utensils, and bring your lunch to work in a reusable lunch bag.
- Check The Bathroom – Do you just throw your finished toiletries away? Lots of items from the bathroom can be recycled too. Simply rinse out those empty bottles and toss them in your recycling!
- Remember Glass Jars – From jam to spice jars, just give them a rinse and recycle with your other glass! For added reuse, keep them around instead of purchasing new tupperware for food storage.
DON’T FORGET! Be sure to bring your own bags with you when hitting the shops. Starting this year, the new law, designed to cut down on pollution caused by plastic, places a five-cent charge on each paper or plastic carryout bag provided by retail establishments! Even if you don’t plan on saving your 5 cents by going reusable, that money will be deposited into the County’s Water Quality Protection Charge (WQPC) fund.
We aim for a beautiful and eco friendly community that you can simply put your feet up and relax. We’re glad you can help us build a more beautiful Silver Spring!